2.21.2011

A Birthday Happy

The jury is in and...


I still have the frosting touch.  Even my brother, who is not quick to fill me full of sunshine said, "I guess this is alright."  And because he said that with a smile and then later on became seriously defensive of the leftover cake, I believe it was more than just alright.  I won't talk about the fact that my first batch of frosting boiled ferociously over leaving a sugary syrupy mess running down the front of my microwave and I had to make a second batch.  I won't talk about that part because at least the second batch was finger licking good. 


I will, however, talk about having a perfect day with family.  There is no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than just being with your family.  Just lounging around playing with laughing kids.  Just visiting and spending time with each other.  Cake crumbs on little faces make those moments even better.       


Figuring the walking thing out!  


It's pretty evident that Little Man loves his dad.  I guess he is a pretty fun guy, that brother of mine.  He's pretty fun because at his birthday party, he gave me a present.  And I forgot his present on my dining room table because of the whole frosting boiling over mess, but anyways, he gave me a present. 


It's a plaque for Student of the Quarter.  I never received that award from our high school.  He did.  Three or four times.  Sister Pister has.  Twice.  And she's only a junior.  But, me?  Not me.  I was never Student of the Quarter.  I do believe it had something to do with the fact that I liked to run my mouth and cause a ruckus.  So, when Brother found one of his many plaques, I guess he felt the need to fix it up for me so I wouldn't feel so bad about being the only sibling that was never Student of the Quarter.  He's so nice like that.  Or really, he probably just wanted to rub it in.  But, don't think I'm going to give that back to him either.  I'm leaving my name taped on and hanging that in my office.  Hey, an accomplishment is an accomplishment. 

At least Sil tried to make me feel better by saying that she was never Student of the Quarter either.  I guess we can be the rebels of the family together. 

Yes, a Sunday afternoon with family on Momma Debi's birthday is as good as receiving a plaque with a your name taped on it.   


Because it just doesn't get any better than some family time.  Especially when it includes Sil and Brother telling you, "The kids were doing weird kick things and throwing their arms around the other night and when we asked them what on earth they were doing, they said TWO FIST PUMPS AND A DONKEY KICK.  Then, when we asked them where they got that from, they yelled...AMY!!"

Well, that will make your day.  It sure will.   

1 comment:

Danica said...

Happy Birthday momma Debi! I was never Student of the Quarter either. That makes us awesome.