2.16.2011

Sunglasses and Blonde Curls


Dear Nostalgia,

You are officially kicking my butt this week.  You make me sit and look through old pictures for hours when I should be folding the two whites loads that are piled high on my couch.  You are big time distracting that is for sure.  But on the upside, you make me realize how much these roots of mine mean to me.  Because of your little tirade on my heart lately, I do believe I have found my all time favorite picture {at least for today}.  The way my dad, Grandpa Elmer, and cousin Matt are all sitting and sharing a moment on the end gate of that pickup...well, there's just something special about it.  Or it could be special because it's during harvest or it could be that the dog Tip is sitting on his loyal guard or it could be that it's the late 70's or it could be the sunglasses or it could be the blonde curls or it could be my dad and my grandpa together or it could be that this picture can never be recreated.  Regardless of what it is about this picture that tugs at my heart, I'm happy my date with you this week has brought it to the forefront.  Finally, Nostalgia, you have reminded me that even though it's sometimes embarrassing or annoying to have a camera permanently attached to my face, someone has to capture those moments in time or they just might be forgotten.    

Sincerely,
Avoiding Matching Socks 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this picture too.