2.01.2013

Not a Whine Fest

We made it to February folks.  

I am aware it's just another day on the calendar, but can I get an AMEN that this morning maybe, possibly, just might have felt like one step closer to some springy spring?  

Like I had a moment of wanting to wear my heels without socks.  But then I remembered I live in North Dakota and the temperature outside was negative eight.  

So socks I put on and instead wore four shirts. 


But February!  It's here.  


And in years past, February has not been my best friend.  It tends to be the month when I question my entire existence.  Why do I teach?  Why do I live here?  Why do I have curly hair?  Why are my fingernails always breaking in the winter?  Why can I not for the life of me remember to buy light bulbs?  Or decaffeinated tea?  Why do I have to wake up and get dressed every single day?  Why is my middle name Beth?  

I mean really.  February has a nasty little track record in my book.  

But I'm making a vow.  Right here and right now.  This February will not be the whine fest of Februaries past.  There will be no calling Whine-1-1 going on over here.   

Side note.  When turning a month into a plural and it ends in a 'y' does one change the 'y' to an 'i' and add 'es' or does one use an apostrophe even though it doesn't show ownership but because it's a proper noun and probably should be pluralized in the first place does it break all rules then?  Again, this month shows lots of complexities!  

Here's to me figuring out some way to make February fun.  Right now I'm envisioning sewing red and pink and white felt hearts into a garland.  I think that's my first step.

 
Oh and then next I think I'll get me some of those felt balls I see flying around everywhere and make a wreath!  A wreath in February.  Yes that is the ticket.   

Pretty fixes things for me.  I can't fight it.  Instead, I roll.

Another side note.  I'm fairly certain whimsy might be favorite word ever.  Ever.  
 
 
And my grandma's locket.  Also my favorite.  Ever.  I have a lot of favorite evers I've noticed. 
 


2 comments:

Danica said...

Side note. Are you in my brain with the Februaries issue?!?! Love this post. Makes me want to bump into you in Minot and give you a big hug!

Amy said...

Yes! Let's hope one day we do bump into each other...we can talk about many kindred spirit things.