2.22.2013

One Little Analogy

My run on Wednesday was brutal.  The back of my legs hurt from muscle pump the night before, it was after school instead of in the wee hours of the morning, I was at a different gym on a treadmill which has the blasted TV screen right smack in front of you so it encloses you in this trap of a thing, and I was not feeling it. 
 
And now it's Friday morning and I don't have work today so I've been puttering around for a couple of hours.  All the while knowing I need to get my hiney out for a run.  But I feel a twinge of fear because that's how it is when your last one was icky, contrasted highly by the feeling of can't wait to go pound it out again when the last one is like flag flying fantastic high on life feeling. 
 
I will go. 
 
In a few minutes. 
 
I will go to my normal gym and I will go before too much more of morning has slipped away because I run better in the morning.  And I will go get on one of the treadmills which does not have the TV screen in front because love a duck, that is the key to my ability to even stay on one of those rat traps for more than a mile.  I can not feel closed in. 
 
That basically sums up life in one little analogy towards running. 
 
Some days are ick.  Conditions aren't quite right, you're off your game.  Which leaves a fear about the next.  But then you go at it again.  Because you know, you know the conditions will indeed be right again and you won't feel closed in and you'll go farther than ever thought...
 
You know the flag flying fantastic is just around the bend.   
 


No comments: