2.27.2013

B for Thursday

My house currently smells of a banana factory, or at least what I would think one would smell like, but then now I'm thinking is there really such a thing as a banana factory seeings as how they grow on trees or something like that. 

And I love birthdays. 
 
 
There you have my Thursday night. 
 
Drying out banana slices in the oven and smiling at the memories from Momma Debi and Brother's birthday party on Sunday.  There was cake and candles and a Cosby show skit performed by nearly the entire family because isn't that what everyone does for parties?  You know the scene I'm referring to, I know you do.  It's the one where Bill and crew prepare an anniversary gift for his parents, a lip syncing dance number to the Ray Charles classic "Night and Day."  Theo comes down the stairs with his hat tipped and Rudy lets her soul come shining through with smashing "Babbbyyyyy" and it's simply a gem. 
 
A favorite from my childhood being passed down to the next generation.  Total heart happy.  And you'd better believe that my brother and I showed the kids how the whole lip syncing and dancing thing is done. 
 
We used to win contests at that kind of thing.  Well, actually just my brother won the contests.  I more did things like wear Care Bear pajamas and try anything to get the attention for a minute while he had bananas on his head. 
 
Now would you look at that?  My little story came back to bananas. 
 
Bananas and birthdays. 
 
Love. 



No comments: