6.03.2010

Face the Music

Well, I wasn't ready to face this yesterday {or the day before or the day before or the day before} but, I'm ready today.  It's time to just own it and let it go.  On Sunday, in the middle of sorting and hauling cattle, this broke out.  I believe it started because Sister Pister was being all wise and worthy and I said something that was all, "Oh, I could still whup you."  Yes, I'm sure it was something that classy.  Please forgive me.  Maybe I felt that classy because of how classy I looked.  Anyways, then Sister Pister was all, "Oh, no you couldn't."  And then I was all, "Oh, yes I can."  So, it happened.  Real official like.  Here's the start.  If you will notice with me the look on my face is something to the tune of this, "She is soooo going down."  {Again, very classy}. 


I truly felt in my heart of hearts there was no way, I mean no way, my punk little sister was going to beat me.  I don't want to brag or anything, but I am {or maybe was} pretty strong.  Like strong enough to lift, oh say, a square bale or two hundred in my time.  But, here, now you will notice the slight look of panic on my face as I realized it wasn't going to be so easy to whup Sister Pister.  You will also notice the look on her face that says really clearly, "Sucker." 


It looks like I'm not trying here, but believe me when I say, I tried.  I really tried.  So, I think this look might be more of a "Oh crapola." 


I'm pretty sure I was actually yelling at myself at this point.  And, look at the determination on Sister Pister's face.  Pure will.  Maybe I can blame all of this on that...yeah, that will work.  This didn't go my way because I can't pay attention long enough for this to possibly have gone my way.  I'm sure I was distracted or something.  That excuse might actually hold up.   


Do you not actually feel a bit sorry for me right now?  I feel sorry for myself.  Look at the sadness of defeat. 


You know those posters that have words on them like Success, Perseverance, Attitude, etc...?  Well, I'm pretty sure this could be a poster for SUCCESS!  Look at the pure thrill on Sister Pister's face.  I can imagine this was a big moment for her as I really am usually the more fabulous sister {I kid, I kid}.  More like I'm pretty sure she is thinking, "Finally!  The tables have turned!"  And, there I am, utterly defeated. 


Going to brag in my face right about now. 


The look of a true champion.  I will give you this Sister Pister, you are   t.o.u.g.h.  and I was not aware of exactly how tough you are but my arm is still sore today.  I guess me having a "normal" job now has really weakened my muscles and you still working under Dad-o has toughened you up.  Keep it up, Sister Pister, keep it up.  Maybe next you can take on Brother?   


One last thing in my defense, although the battle looks like it was quickly won in the pictures, it really did last for quite some time.  I did not go down with out a fight.  But, in the end, my punk little sister showed me who was going to whup who. 

p.s.
Sil, thank you for your photography of the event.  I'm sure Sister Pister is glad it is forever documented.  The day she beat me.  It had to have been huge for her.  Because, let's all remember, I usually am the more fabulous sister.  :) 

2 comments:

Sister Pister said...

VICTORY. I have to say, that was completely invigorating.

Brittany Miller said...

Hilarious.
Your faces tell the whole story!