2.22.2012

On Job Satisfaction

There has to be some guaranteed job satisfaction when this is your view.  Sunrise.  Mountains.  It has to make loading luggage on a Sunday morning worth it. 


And I sure hope those people who see that view every morning recognize its existence and don't take the beauty for granted.  Because job satisfaction is mostly a choice.  A choice about how we look at things and a choice about how hard we work.  Almost entirely up to us how we decide to handle situations thrown at us.  Enjoy the sunrise and view of the mountains or grumble about working early on a Sunday morning?  The thing I've found with myself is when I choose the negative approach or the negative reaction, the only person it really brings down...is me.  And what good does that do?  None.       


Before I went back to my own work and real life on that Monday morning after my long weekender with Momma Debi, this is what I read while sipping coffee.  It was as if the words were picked out specially for me that morning.  They were exactly what I needed to have go through me.

Happiness is a choice.  So is job satisfaction.  Unless you have a boss that is pinching your cheeks.  Then by all means.  Get out.  Get out now. 
 

No comments: