2.01.2012

Dear Morning

Dear Morning,

You complete me.

You even more complete me when waking up in a vacation house.   


You put sprinkles on the top when you let me drag my quilt out to the living room to enjoy a visit with my mom who I found reading in the chair with the morning sun streaming in.  


Walking into the kitchen to pour a cup of coffee is so much sweeter when there is no end time in place.  A freedom of knowing I can drink as many cups as I want and slowly find my way to the day.  


Slowly to the point of even seeking out a change of location.  As much as I dislike cats...I felt like one of Friday morning.  Chasing the sunlight pouring from the windows.  Wanting to feel it on me.  Turns out I get that part of cats.    


Then, Morning, you decided to put the cherry on the top and nudged me to read.  To really read.  Something I hadn't done in awhile.  To absorb the words and let them sink and do their thing to my brain.  Without letting my own thoughts get in the way.   


All the while comforted in the little pieces of the farm incorporated in that Arizona house.  A John Deere cup here.  A horse painting there.  A mix of the comfort of the house I grew up in with the addition of kicks of change.  Enter red furniture and modern lamps.  


When it was time to finish you Morning, Momma Debi and I folded the quilts and wrapped up our session of solving the world's problems.  I finished lingering over too much coffee and quit reading one more chapter.  Running clothes were put on and shoes were laced up and the door was opened to the day.  And it was way open.  Like the kind of open where I never know the bends it will take on the other side.      

Dear Morning,

You complete me. 

And just so you know.  You're still totally my favorite. 

No comments: