1.11.2011

Pretending...Round Two

In case you missed the memo, I have decided to ignore the butt chilling cold we have going on here and pretend it's still early fall.  Oh yeah.  Sit back, enjoy, and pretend along with me for the next little chunk out of your day.

Let me start this by saying, and it probably goes without saying but I'm going to anyway...my favorite subjects for photography are my niece and nephews and anyone they have along with them.  They just straight up are entertaining and I love them.  Therefore, they are my favorites.  So, when Sil and her friend asked me last summer to take pictures of their two boys and their tractors, I jumped at the chance.  And, this summer when Sil and her friend asked me to take pictures of their FOUR boys and their tractors, I jumped at the chance.  Isn't it fun when friends have babies at the same time?  Brennan and Easy Rider are the same age and Hank and Little Man are the same age.  Brennan and Hank are fans of red tractors.  Easy Rider and Little Man are fans of green tractors.  All four of them are fans of being ridiculously cute.


Dear B and Easy Rider,
Will you please always be this carefree?  Also, will you please always be willing to give each other a little hug if needed?  It can be a man hug.  
Thank you. 

  
I realize this is picture over load coming up, but their facial expressions make me.laugh.out.loud.everytime.  And, I'm thinking Easy Rider might take after his crazy aunt in telling stories.  Hands waving and facial expressions.  All very important.  Easy Rider, you will get used to that look that B is giving you.  Happens to me all the time.   


Just wait until these boys are driving the real thing. 


Knowing both their dads, it will only be a few years.  :) 


Hope their grandpas and dads don't mind.     


Thankful to live in a place where kids are still allowed to play in the dirt.  These two have many, many years of fun ahead of them.  And, knowing their bloodlines...probably a little trouble too.


Hank and Little Man have grown so much since these pictures...craziness!  They were such little peanuts.  It was too windy for them to be outside that day. 


Next year, I'm sure they will be climbing right up on those tractors.


And, because Firecracker had a cute dress on and was working her adorable hair, a few snaps of her were necessary. 


After all this picture fun...it was cupcake time and who doesn't love a good cupcake? 


It's fun to go back in time...hope it's making your heart a little happy too!  And, just a few minutes ago I was riding with my friend to go for a run and she said, "Since you can pretend that it's still fall and nice out, then I'm pretending that right now it's only 6:00 so I can still have an evening."  I replied, "Yeah, well, I'm pretending it's only 5:00.  Take that." 

It's good to ignore reality and pretend every once in awhile. 

No comments: