1.29.2011

Wild Saturday Night

I'm feeling a bit like a truck ran over my face and just can't seem to shake this winter sinus cold.  Therefore, my Saturday night so far has consisted of blowing my nose, laying on the couch, blowing my nose, laying on the couch, rinse, and repeat.  I'm so fun right now I can hardly stand it. 

To keep in tune with my wild Saturday night...a list of random thoughts. 

1.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get bananas from the grocery store to my car to my counter without them turning all nastibrown.  I stand next to them in the produce department.  I take my time picking a bunch that is a little green and firm because mushy bananas are baaaad.  Then, they ride around in my cart looking all lovely.  I check out, put them in a bag, tote them to my car, and eventually bring them to my kitchen counter.  And every time, they are nastibrown.  I'm not talking bruised like I smushed them brown either.  Just brown all over brown.  Using my scientific method that I teach the chicken wings, I have come to this hypothesis.  The bitter cold is shocking the bananas to nastibrown.  Therefore, I believe I should come up with a some kind of coat or warming system for the bananas to make the trek from grocery store to counter.  Or maybe I just need winter to be over.  

2.  I had book club last night and I love book club.  I'm a language and word nerd. 

3.  My car wouldn't start this week and the guy from AAA backed up so far that I screamed, "STOP!"  Lucky for him, just his lights broke and not my garage trim.  Otherwise, he would have seen the crazy face.   

4.  A chiropractor appointment is officially on the books.  I've been dragging my feet {more like dragging my hip} on this one for awhile.  I'm a little scared of the whole chiropractor concept.   

5.  One of my bffs from high school had the grand opening of her own physical therapy practice this week.  I could not be more proud of her.  Dreams.  They are a beautiful thing.  Go get yours.  

6.  I could not attend the grand opening because I had to take the chicken wings to the Ag-Expo {agricultural exposition}.  Walking a bunch of fourth graders through a ridiculous amount of farmers = entertainment.  Momma Debi was a chaperone and when she left us the chicken wings all yelled from the bus, "Bye Momma Debi!!!  Thank you!!"  More kids getting Momma Debi love = a good thing.   

7.  Sister Pister has troubles with her back.  She has ever since she was in third grade and decided she should be the winner of the "jump off the swings when they are as high as they can be" contest at recess...she took an ambulance ride and ended up with a compression fracture in her back.  So, the back gives her problems frequently, but she hasn't let it make her quit doing the things she loves like sports and rodeo.  Sister Pister is not afraid of the chiropractor and has a two to three time a week punch card with him during basketball season.  Last Friday, she decided to go up against a girl much taller/bigger and ended up being carried off the floor.  Sister Pister is beyond stubborn and played in the game two nights ago.  She was in pain and tried to play through it.  She was so frustrated after the game about having to be slow.  The little tear rolling down her cheek about broke my heart.  I wish I had a magic wand to fix her back because she loves basketball.  I throw up a little back fixing prayer at random times throughout the day.  If you are the praying type, maybe you could too.

9.  I'm going to Walmart in a few minutes.  I rather dislike Walmart and boycotted it for many a year, but I'm realizing lately you really can save a few pennies by going there for some things and if you go at weird times, it's less of a make you feel like a crazy person situation.    

10.  Orange zebra print office supplies are currently some of my favorite things.  They make my heart very happy.  

11.  I'm going to do some sewing tomorrow.  Two fist pumps and a donkey kick for sewing!  

12.  February is my least favorite month.  I just get tired of the every day every day of it.  I've been making a list of some things I could do this February to make it a little less every day.   

13.  Air popped popcorn is yummy.

14.  I can't wait to smell grass and dirt again.

15.  It's Saturday night and I'm looney from cold medicine.

2 comments:

Brittany Miller said...

My bananas get nastibrown right away too! I was JUST talking to Steve about this problem!

Amy said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one whose bananas are getting shocked to brown! Tell Steve he should come up with a solution. I have faith in him.