1.12.2011

Pretending...Round Three

Another warm weather flashback.  An adorable tutu wearing Ella from this fabulous family.  I need not say more.  Other than, she is a true little princess.  


All that work deserved a little juice break.


And, this is probably still one of my all time favorite pictures.  Even though she's not smiling, I love it.  The light and the look.


Remembering these moments makes me feel like maybe, just maybe, I could go outside right now and feel the grass between my toes.  Then I remember that if I went outside with bare feet right now, my toes would fall off.  I have to continually remind the chicken wings at school, "Kids, I'm not just making you wear boots and mittens because I like being the meanie teacher from the Black Lagoon.  I'm making you wear mittens so your fingers don't turn black and fall off."  This seems to help them take it a bit more seriously.


Soon.  Soon we will be able to put our toes in the grass again.  

Until then...wear mittens and boots.  Keep your fingers and toes people.      

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, what a great bright spot in my cold winter day! That was such a fun day and you did such a great job capturing my everyday moments that I see. Can't wait to do it again next year. Since I can't go wiggle my toes in the grass either, I think I'll go tickle the cute little ones in the picture! Thanks!