5.08.2010

Live It

Home.  And, at this moment, I have a sleeping baby next to me.  Nothing better than that.  I'm watching Little Man this afternoon so Brother and Sil can work some cows.  Great Aunt Corinna Boc Boc has Firecracker and Easy Rider so I plan to just do some major baby smushing.  As soon as he wakes up that is, even I know you never wake a sleeping baby.  

So, life just returns to "normal" for awhile.  Mom and I were visiting on the way home and we talked about that now it's just to live life between the scans and treatments because really there's nothing anyone can do to change what happens in the in-between.  So, just live.  And, live well!  She is actually with Sister Pister at a rodeo right now.  We didn't think we would be back in time.  Sister Pister would have never, ever said a word about being sad or disappointed with that, but when Mom told her we would be back in time, I could hear Sister Pister yelling with excitement through the phone.  Sweet.    

The last morning in Rochester, I grabbed my camera and just ran around seeing what I could find.  I'll end this Mayo chapter with those shots.  


The buildings are all full of beautiful art...


This is the art that caused me to end up in a STAFF ONLY section.  The double doors that screamed that warning were wide open when I walked in so I just assumed it was not a special area.  Imagine my utter embarrassment when I start to notice everyone has an ID badge and they all look important.  When I walked out of those double doors they weren't open anymore and I noticed the HUGE sign that said STAFF ONLY.  Perfect.   


This gentleman plays the piano for people who are waiting because he thinks it helps ease some fear and anxiety.  He had with him an old, beaten up suitcase full of tattered sheet music and he just played and played.  When I asked him if I could take a picture, he said, "Sure, but I'm nothing special."  I beg to differ.   


I love these lights and the colors in the marble behind them.  


If we all lived, truly lived by this motto, imagine with me what that life would be like.  


When I grabbed the elevator to go find out if Mom was done with her last scan, I was feeling pretty good about things; we were going to be leaving shortly and I had just found beauty in many inconspicuous places.  Then, a young couple joined me in the elevator and they were very obviously devastated; both crying and clinging to each other.  I couldn't imagine what news they had just received but my heart hurt for them.  It was then I realized it's important to always remember that life is fragile.  Live it while you can.

1 comment:

Brittany Miller said...

I think the last quote by John Wesley may be a new favorite for me. Awesome pictures Amy!